So much happened this episode and instead of breaking it down bit by bit, here’s my best and worst lists:
1. Charlie calling creeper that was following her Gambit. Gambit is my favorite– and if Gambit turns out like this dude (style wise) in the next X-Men movie I’m cool with that.
2. Dean finally told Sam (most) of the truth about what happened while Sam was out freeing Metatron. Dean seems to finally be making some smart moves– well a little.
3. Charlie– she is showing her genius is first of all getting the book, running with it as well as she has, and then calling the boys for help when she needed it. Don’t worry they all become idiots soon.
4. Dean’s foresight in grabbing a lead lined box to put the book in so they can’t track it anymore. Followed closely by “Boys Are Back In Town” as the best song for that moment. With Dean’s admissions earlier it looks like they really might be working together– honestly and openly. Yeah.
5. The book itself. The book is super creepy. Made of human skin written in blood is 100% gross. The scene where we hear Sam and Charlie discussing the book and it looks like Sam is holding the book, but then we see that Dean has it and is standing across the room– it’s perfect. It truly scares me more than the grisly makeup of the book itself. Obviously the book is evil and The Mark is excited about that fact.
6. Dean calling Sam out for being a hypocrite.
7. Sam admission that he loves this life. He love the hunt and he loves being with Dean. Bad choices were made throughout this episode (see below), but this makes me forgive him a little bit. That and his eyes at the end of this episode.
8. Dean being a BAMF in the convenience store. Cause Dean. Plus the Stein dude calling the Mark a “gift”? Yeah he’s a bad guy.
1. Metatron– just really everything that has to do with Metatron. The fact that he likes “Ironic”, he’s a total mouth breather, and he made soooo much noise while eating that waffle. I wanted to stab him in the face with his fork.
Yes– do it now.
2. The boys run off to meet Charlie to help her out, but they don’t immediately put the thing in the lead lined box. They know it’s being tracked– they should assume it was being tracked right up to the point it was put in the box so the bad guys can probably find Bobby’s cabin (btw how was he able to afford so many cabins?). So how about you throw the thing in the box, take it back to the bunker, and then read the thing in the confines of the lead lined bunker? Also during this whole time it was never brought up that maybe Cas could read the writing?
3. Sam with all his concern about Dean never thinks that maybe they shouldn’t be studying this book around Dean– it’s like if Dean had been going through stores of demon blood in front of Sam back in his blood drinking days. How about we do that in another room or hey! In a lead lined room INSIDE of the bunker! Just sayin. . .
We should totes keep it then!
4. Cas not seeing that Metatron was totally playing him at the library. He saw through the attempt at manipulation earlier so I was slightly disappointed he didn’t see this coming. At least Cas is an Angel again though– even if his wings look super jacked up.
5. Sam’s decision to keep the Book of the Damned. Even Dean thinks they should destroy it and it becomes obvious when the big bad guys show up that they will do anything to get it, but still Sam keeps it. Will Dean notice it later when Sam brings it out to study again? Or when Rowena begins using it? That is the worst decision ever. Rowena is less trustworthy than my dog around pizza. Come on Sam.
The good decisions almost outweighed the bad this week. We’re getting closer to the boys working together and I feel like if they worked together they could figure out this issue without Rowena and without the Book. Evidently they aren’t allowed to make good decisions at the same time during a season. Dean seems to have his head on right so Sam’s doing his best to screw it up.
I’ll leave you with Charlie’s expression when she was getting healed:
It’s nice having that power back.