Ahhhhh, it’s nice to be back to the real thing. I hope all the best for Bloodlnes, but I missed my Supernatural. We started off this episode seeing Abaddon capture Crowley’s son and bring him the present time. Now we saw Bobby do something similar a few years ago with laughable results so I had my doubts about Abaddon’s plan. Now that he has an humanity issue evidently he loves his son again? OK I’ll buy it, a little. Best part of this exchange? His son trying to figure out what was going on.
Although the Abaddon/Crowley storyline is probably supposed to be the main thing we, as viewers, are supposed to focus on, but I’m still trying to figure out the Castiel story.
He calls the boys in to finesse the truth out of one of Metatron’s soldiers and they do it artfully. At first I thought Dean was going to go all Mark of Cain/Hell’s #1 torturer on him, but instead they did what they do best: they worked together. I do wonder if Dean was seriously wanting to torture Ezra and then just picked up on Sam’s lead and played the dude. I did find the interrogation Bugs Bunny ish, but if you remember back to when Castiel first showed up he was gullible and childlike.
We also saw Dean and Sam’s interactions with Castiel. Yep something still feels off here. I still think that Metatron screwed with Cas’s head the last time they met and either he’s following Metatron’s orders unknowingly or Metatron is still at that typewriter controlling everything, Chuck style. Either way Cas thinks he’s doing the right thing, and it appears that Gadreel is doubting the rightness of his actions now.
Dean also showed off his insanity where the First Blade is concerned. He’s daydreaming about the First Blade, manipulating things with Sam to ensure that he gets to use the First Blade and willing to go through a lot to get the Blade back. We see Dean not giving up the Blade after his fight with Abaddon and his One Ring type obsession with the thing and I wonder what channeling all that power from the First Blade to get away from her control did to him. Just holding it before brought on all those feelings and dreams what will fully harnessing it’s power do?
That’s some serious power. Which usually means some serious consequences. Think back to Sam killing Lilith. He also had “phenomenal cosmic power!”, but also was addicted to demon blood so there’s that. The big question still hangs over all of this too. Cain killed his brother. Will Dean try to kill Sam? Cause that would suck.
He kinda scared me with his super stabbing action:
I think the first 10 stabs did it by the way.
Here are a few loose ends:
1. I’m glad Crowley got to save his son, but think about what happened when the Titanic was saved. Of course the Doctor saves people all the time so maybe they’re all good.
2. We still have Metatron up to no good, but I think we’ll find out a lot more about that next week. Maybe a trip to Heaven means a visit with Ash or Bobby? Hey a girl can dream right?
3. Dean isn’t giving up the First Blade which doesn’t seem like good news to me. Probably something messed up there. However, can the First Blade kill Metatron? Can he fight back against him now that he’s accessed the power of it?
4. Sam is still whining and crying. How about stop complaining that Dean is always trying to save you and figure out that Dean needs some saving himself?
5. Why do they still want to kill Crowley? Seriously he seems like the best option they have for the leader of Hell.
So we’ll see what messed up stuff is happening with the Angels next week which from the previews promises to be some messed up crap.