BEFORE YOU CONTINUE! I have a few things to disclose. First off there will be a ton of spoilers in this post so if you haven’t watched yet– STOP. OK and the next thing is that this really isn’t a top 10 list. Don’t get me wrong. I will use numbers and list things, but I make no promises on either getting to 10 or limiting myself to 10. As long as we’re clear on that.
Since I’m not sticking to the list rules we’ll start with 1.
1. I feel Dean’s frustration. He tried to save Sam (again) and it’s (of course) not going as planned. All he wants is Sam whole. But how long has it been since Sam was truly whole? I’m going to say college. I would like to preference my next statement with this: I love this show and don’t want Sam to die. However, I have been rewatching the series again and Dean goes through this whole, “what’s dead should stay dead” phase and now he’s totally not playing by those rules. Dean should have let Sam go. Sam was ready, Sam wanted to be free. I feel like this is less about saving and taking care of Sam and more about Dean not having to be alone. (Once again although that’s how he should have been I need Sammy just as much as Dean does.) End of series finale prediction: At the end of Supernatural Season 15 Sam and Dean go through with a suicide pact. One that kills a ton of demons and angels at the same time.
2. I also feel for Sam. Think about it. He’s missing time, he doesn’t remember how he got places, this is a legitimate concern he should have. After all this wouldn’t be the first time he lost it mentally. Just a few years ago Sam had Satan riding shotgun and before that he was running around soulless doing some cold heartless things. Also his look when Dean says, “would I lie?” breaks my heart. Yes, Dean would lie, yes Same knows he would and yes Dean is lying. I miss when they trusted each other (that may have also been back when Sam was in college). Sam, we love you.
3. Now on to Zeke, or Gadriel or whatever he’s calling himself these days. I think most of us had a suspicion that Zeke wasn’t really Zeke, or if he was Ezekiel something had changed him and he was no longer the good guy that Cas vouched for. As long as I’m sympathizing with people though I must say I sympathize with Gadriel too. If he’s been locked up since the snake got into the garden he has no way of knowing what’s going on. I understand how he could trust God’s scribe. Speaking of Metatron he is doing a bang up job of manipulating Gadriel. Just enough reminders of why he was punished in the first place and then offering him redemption. Redemption. It’s the same way he got to Cas. I wanted to scream when Gadriel said this to Dean:
OK Sam and Dean are pretty much the only 2 safe characters in this show and by safe I mean if they die they probably won’t stay dead long. Still though, even if (when) they get Sam back he is going to be sooooooo angry and hurt. What Dean did to save Sam has now hurt people they love. Sam doesn’t really like that kinda stuff.
4. Cas. Cas, Cas, Cas. I am both really glad that Cas got his/a grace back so that he can assist with everything now and really loving the skills that he has picked up or refined during his stint as a human. As awesome as it was to see him escape from all the evil angels I was saddened by the fact that lying comes so easily to him now. He didn’t even hesitate slitting Theo’s throat open to get his grace and instead of healing the vessel he killed (I feel like smote is a better term for that) him. I am glad that he has proven that he can survive on his own though. As much as I love how much he works with the boys, he is somewhat like a overly dependent girlfriend. He has just waiting around for direction from the boys and I’m glad that he’s finally decided that he can handle himself. I think that maybe he actually can.
This is a new self confident Cas that we’ve seen question Dean’s decisions. It’s been a long time since he’s had direction and motivation all on his own. I’m excited to see where this goes. Cause this is a Cas I can get behind– this is the Cas that should have taken over Heaven (maybe he will again??)
5. I just have a tiny bit to say about Crowley. First off why hasn’t Dean gotten him to help from the beginning?!?! No I don’t trust Crowley, yes he’s done horrible things, but seriously at some point you have to realize, “everything is going to hell, but wait, I have the King of Hell locked up– lets use him!” Next I wonder how different he will be after being partially cured. Will he be able to torture Gadriel with the same enthusiasm that he normally would have? That’s pretty much all I have about him, other than the fact that I love Mark Sheppard and am glad he will have a bigger part after the break.
6. Metatron. Yeah I can’t even. Nope. Don’t like you. I hope Cas is the one that kills you. The end.
Kevin. Freakin’. Solo. I have loved Kevin since we met him. I loved his homework timer, his obsession with getting perfect scores, his high stress life and I even loved that he had a kinda, but not really, girlfriend that was just as crazy (way to go Kev). When I think of Kevin Tran I think of this kid:
Osric Chau has done an amazing job not only bringing Kevin to life, but he truly seems to love the Supernatural family. I find that awesome. I love reading his tweets because he seems to truly understand what Twitter is for unlike some other celebrities (little known fact: it is in fact not there to sell products or as a pulpit to preach from). Kevin has had his life turned upside down and then sideways, but he has worked hard to fight against evil. He was a 100% good souled character which isn’t easy to find in this show. Dean, Sam, and Cas (as well as all the other characters that are now gone) manipulate and lie to get what they want or think they want. Even though they are good guys in our eyes they have hurt plenty of people along the way. Kevin wasn’t like that. Kevin wanted to take down the enemy, but he didn’t manipulate. I hate Metatron for using Gadriel to do this and I hate that Gadriel fell for it. I just hope that before Crowley finishes with him Gadriel realizes what he’s done. Kevin Tran you will be missed.
And we won’t forget you.
(all of these GIF’s are from Tumblr. Amazing people made them and they are not me).
- Supernatural Unleashes “Holy Terror” For Its Mid-Season Finale (popwrapped.wordpress.com)
- SPN 9.09: Holy Terror review (bangingpatchouli.wordpress.com)