I love love love Human Cas. I love that he would be dead if it wasn’t for his living outside the lines with the boys. I love that he calls himself Clarence (let me cry a little for Meg). I love that he’s having to deal with things that he’s always been confused by, like hunger, sleep, cleanliness and other bodily functions (do you ever get tired of urinating?) I also love that he’s still naive. I mean seriously who else would believe that a nice girl would bring home a bum, clean his knife wounds, give him a massage (along with a happy ending) and something not be up? Especially he knows the other angels are after him. However I buy it because it is so very Cas to trust this sweet looking girl just because.
Yeah how did that work out Cas?
How about Dean’s lines this season? Holy crap he’s hilarious. Well, a very funny guy that is going to get caught lying very soon. His satisfied smirk after he tells a really good lie isn’t helping matters. Sam isn’t going to keep buying that he got knocked out and Dean made it happen very quickly. I’m surprised he’s believed it this long. Surely he suspects that something is up now. Now that brings us up to Sangel healing Cas. I really think the only reason Zeke did this was because he saw Dean breaking down looking at Cas’ body and wants to keep him on his side to achieve whatever crazy thing he’s using Dean for. I still believe that Zeke really does need Sam’s body to heal and that he’s helping Sam by being in there, I also think he set himself back by fixing Cas.
That being said I definitely think that something is up with Zeke. Yes everyone is after Cas, but if he’s just hanging out in the bunker there is no way that he can get caught. If Reapers could find people in the bunker then they would have found Kevin Tran by now. I find his reason to make Cas leave crap and I’m dying for Dean to call him on it. However, I’m afraid he’s too worried that Zeke is going to leave Sam high and dry and will actually follow through with the Cas eviction. OK so here’s my big question, You have the KING OF HELL in your dungeon! How about getting his help with Sam?? Not necessarily go through with it, but see if he’ll deal and then let Zeke know that if he doesn’t stick to the original plan he has someone else to fix everything. Granted Kevin probably isn’t going to be cool with it, but Kevin isn’t cool with anything to do with Crowley. How about seriously figure out any better plan than this one. Angels are bad news. Period. You know this Dean.
Other things about this episode:
- There was a serious lack of Kevin Tran although reading @OsricChau ‘s tweets almost made up for that
- Cas was shirtless quite a bit and although that isn’t Sam shirtless– it’s still awesome
- The televangelist was so creepy. Well maybe creepy isn’t the right term, sleazy? slimy? Hmmm I say creepy because he seriously thought he was helping people and then rationalized away seeing that girl explode like it was nothing.
- The angels seem to just want to reverse what Metatron and Cas did, and I know I should understand that and support it, except they are psycho.
- Jared Padalecki did an amazing job switching between Sam and Zeke. There was enough of a difference to know what was up even before Dean did, but it wasn’t crazy obvious.
- I may have cried at the look on Cas’ face when Dean told him he had to leave. He just got to a home and now is getting kicked out. Not only kicked out, but kicked out by the one person that always backs him up.
- And finally– I think Sam took my advice and had a hair cut.
Look at that hair toss.
Did I miss any other red flags? I’m worried about Cas, I’m worried about Dean, oh and Sam. And Kevin. And Crowley. Hmmm I guess the only person I’m not horribly concerned about is Charlie which is the only reason I can think of that I’m not as excited as I thought I would be that Felicia Day is coming back next week. The previews for that seem like it’s going to be a weird episode too. We shall see.